Today would be my dad's 74th birthday I wish he was here to celebrate. Unfortunatly he suffered from diabetes, heart disease, a stroke and after 10 hard, amazing, tenacious years, he succumbed to his illness in 2002. I miss him still. Sometimes it seems like yesterday that I heard him laugh - other times it feel like a lifetime.
Here's a picture of my pop during the family beach vacation in 2002. This was the last time I ever saw my him. I wrote a little about it here last July.
Miss you much, Dad.
You may wonder why I don't write about my mom. Some things are still too painful...but someday. She was too amazing not to.
8 comments:
I was wondering about the name change. Wishing you peace on this day.
Oh sweetie, what a poignant tribute to your dad. He looks very happy in that photo; I'm grateful you have those beach house memories. Thank you for including the link. You and your Dad will be in my thoughts today, Beeb.
Hugs, you. Your father looks like a sweet man with an easy smile. And, a daughter that loved him with all of her heart.
XO
I'm crying with you.
Was wondering about the name change. Read your post with a bit of a heavy haart. Happy birthday to your dad's memory.
Sounds like a wonderful way to honor and remember your dad.
sucks big time, doesn't it? I will ALWAYS be thankful for that vacation--he was so sick, and in so much pain, but not 1 complaint, he just acted thankful to be there.
donna
I lost my dad nearly 20 years ago. It sometimes still feels like yesterday. I miss his laugh, his strength and I'm sorry that he never met my children...
Post a Comment