Thursday, August 03, 2006

Weekend Fun

Saturday morning I went to my friend Elianna's birthday party - she turned 3. This is one cute little pumpkin and you'll have to trust me, cause no photos. It was really great to see all of her 3 year old friends playing. It made me rather wistful for the day when Moonbeam will be here. While I was watching them, I began to realize that these girls are gonna be too old to want to play with Moonbeam, so I started pushing my friends to have another one! I think it's a great idea!

Saturday evening - a Rockies game. Yep, a professional sporting event. I know they played the Padres and lost and that's where the knowledge ends. See, it was "Stitch and Pitch" night. The entire section I was in were donning knitting needles. Fun and silliness.
Check out the "Rockies" Hat - those knitting needles have lights on them.



This is my lone photo of the Dragon Boat Festival on Sunday - it was taken as we were leaving since that was the only moment we were willing to leave our spot in the shade. 100 friggin' degrees - hothothot!
Too bad I wasn't more willing to take the heat, because there were tons of booths selling gadgets - like the cute pink umbrella the boy in the water is holding.
CCAI had a boat again this year. We arrived after they won their first race and left right after they won their 2nd ( a feat they apparenlty haven't been able to accomplish for a while). Ultimately, the Buddist temple won - again. I wanna be on the boat next year! It really looks fun.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for visiting my book club blog - I can't wait to get started. I too am a knitter (sometimes I post about it on my other blog)! Welcome!

wzgirl said...

Hey Barb!! Looks like you've had a bit of fun - actually that Stitch & Pitch looked like a LOT of fun to me!! And, lucky you, getting to participate in the CCAI stuff. Hopefully your mood is lightening a little. And, hopefully the heat will, too! Take care, you.

wzgirl said...

Hey Barb!! Looks like you've had a bit of fun - actually that Stitch & Pitch looked like a LOT of fun to me!! And, lucky you, getting to participate in the CCAI stuff. Hopefully your mood is lightening a little. And, hopefully the heat will, too! Take care, you.

Polar Bear said...

Wow!! What fun! I don't know which is more fun, the dragon boat festival or the knitting at the game. I would have joined you at both!

One day Ryan and I plan to visit CCAI in Denver. We will have to make plans to meet when we do!

What are you knitting now?

Anonymous said...

Have read your whole bolg (meant to say blog--kinda like floating down the river in a "fart")--love it & put it on my favorite list.

Millicent said...

I can't knit to save my soul but that hat is just too cool!

And, as far as the Dragon Boat Racing goes, you could prbably find a team pretty easilty. The city I come from has loads of teams (Portland, Oregon) and it sounds like they all have a really great time. Check it out!

Millicent said...

AND...I just saw what you wrote about my blog over on your blogroll....you just made my day!!! So, as they say in Ireland, tanksferdat!

Stephanie said...

Barb,
Just wanted to let you know that I will be posting the discussion questions on my book blog on Labor Day. Check back on the blog in the meantime because I am going to try to post interesting stuff about reading. Happy reading!