I attended my 1st parenting class today. It was about attachment. Very interesting things to think about. Afterward (and during really) I felt a sense of empowerment that I will hopefully be able to engage well with my daughter, to understand and anticipate her needs. I also felt such sadness that these little souls are so neglected despite the nannies excellent attempts at caring for them - there just aren't enough adults to give these orphans the time and attention they need to learn to trust.
Now, I'm frustrated that these little souls are suffering in such a way when there are so many of us waiting to bring them home. Why the wait? Why a year more? AAAAggghhhhh! It really doesn't seem to be to anyone's benefit. Come on CCAA - speed up again! (currently CCAA is at about 12-13 months wait from LID to referral - My LID is May 16,2006)
I did have a nice time meeting and reconnecting with friends. I saw Caroline whom I don't think I've seen in 4-5 years - it's really fun to think of having friends in this process. She and her husband Cary have a LID in Jan. - LUCKY ( in a Napolean voice) I also met friends of friends - Michele and Rob whose LID is one day after mine - we likly will be traveling together - at least meeting at the White Swan.
After class I met up with 4 other single women I remembered from the orientation. They were going out to lunch, so I begged an invitation. We've now made plans to meet in a few weeks at the Dragon Boat Festival. I love connecting with these people. I'm looking forward to getting to know them.
Things I'm pondering.....
how in the heck am I going to get photos of all the quilt squares on my blog? I now have so many and am still expecing more. Why don't I keep up with these things? If I'd photograph and post them as they arrive I wouldn't be in this pickle.
later.....
3 comments:
Hi Barb!! What an incredible day! Was this a CCAI seminar? Sounded very good. Hey, I'm up and running with Blogger - I hope that it is ok that I put you address down as one of my links.
Loved your quilt square, BTW!! One of my faves!!
XO, WendyZ
Wendy,
Thanks for linking me to your site. I've just now figured out the comment section, so just found yours! I have so much to learn about this internet stuff. As soon as I figure it out, I'll link yours too.
I just gotta love a girl who quotes Napolean Dynamite! :)
Post a Comment