Tonight I went to The Tattered Cover to hear Anne Lamott. She's my pure, real, hillarious spiritual hero. Funny lady, incredible writer, single mom. Her most recent book is out and she's doing the bookstore tour to promote it. The latest is called Grace (eventually) Thoughts on Faith. I've only read a little from it so far, but it's another thoughtful raucous book of essays where her life & thoughts speak to the deeper truths in everyone. Although I've not had the drug addicted, alcoholic, broken home life that she's lead, I find myself nodding a big "uh huh" to the universal pain, revelations, and views of the holy she describes. Love her! Now even more since I've heard her in person.
For some reason my blogger will not let me do links, italics, bold..anything excpt post a picture. What's going on? Is it because I got a new computer? All you Mac users, I'm new. Is it my Mac? Must I do something different?
Yes the last two weeks have been a challenge. My faithful pc laptop decided early one Tuesday morning to die. A little cough, sputter then the screen was blank. I took it in, "too much to fix to be worth it, Get a new one" was the declaration from the computer guy. Well, being subject to marketing, I bought a Mac. The commercials about security of the new Vista and then taping the camera to the PC's head were the ones to push me over the edge. I must reward such great marketers and buy their product. So far, I've been pleased although I've had little chance to use it. I'm hoping I'll fall in love with it as the guy at the Apple store promised.
8 comments:
You WILL fall in love with that Mac. I'll never go back to a PC. Nope - not the Mac causing the link problem. It must be a browser/Blogger issue. Be sure you are under the 'compose' tab. As a browser, I use Firefox and it works great for me.
Anne Lamott is great! I bet it was wonderful to see her in person and hear her talk about her work and journey.
Hope you figure out your computer stuff.
I'm a Mac girl. Use the Firefox browser to post all your blogs and you will have more features to use (like italics). Make sure you are in the compose window and not the HTML window when you post. Email me if you have more questions.
:-)
Oh, how I LOVE Anne Lamott! And because of YOU, I know that she's on a book tour. I'm making plans right now to see her. Thank you thank you!
I've seen Anne Lamott myself. A while ago. She has connections with the Jesuit community here in the Bay Area & has done some JVC fundraisers for them. She really does rock. I love how non pretentious and human she is. And, how she humanizes spirituality. Her Operating Instructions is one of my favorites.
BTW, I've been having trouble with Bloglines. Not sure why, it just came out of the blue??? Sometimes this computer stuff is a complete mystery to me.
C.J., Joanne,
What is firefox?
This switch is a bit overwhelming!
Oh, I didn't know you were such a big Anne Lamott fan! I started reading her when "Bird by Bird" came out and she was promoting it on the "Whaddaya Know?" show -- she had me laughing out loud. I'm sorry I missed her appearance here.
I am glad to hear you had such a nice time listening to Anne Lamott. The new Mac sounds great. I keep telling myself I need to change to a Mac when I go to buy a new computer, but I chicken out. Why am I a scaredy cat??? Take care.
Hugs,
Jonni
:)
Post a Comment