11 months and honestly I’m not sure what to say about it. I find myself shifting from thrilled that 11 months are behind me - meaning that many less in front of me, to crazy thoughts on how the wait may extend even longer than the now expected 24 months to, god forbid, 36 months (hopefully the later is just crazy wait anxiety and will not come to pass!)
Like everyone else waiting in line for CCAA to call our names, the 2 day referral period this month – going from 10/24-10/26 (for those few of you who read this who aren’t involved in the adoption process yourself this means that China matches babies to waiting families monthly on average. This month they only matched two days of LID – log-in dates – The lowest number in Chinese International Adoption history!!
This was a bitter pill. However.. Just after reading the e-mail informing me of the pitifully low number of referral days, I received an altogether different e-mail. One of my single adopty friends who is Chinese received her expedited referral. Oh happy day! Once I saw the referral photo of the most amazingly beautiful girl I’ve seen in some time, the sting was gone, hope renewed.
Yes I’ve been waiting 11 months of what I originally thought was a 10-12 month wait, and yes the referrals this month made me only two days closer to bringing my daughter home, but my friend’s referral made me smile, it gave me joy and it restored a little hope that although it won’t be soon, someday my daughter will be home.
10 comments:
I'll hang onto the good and say congrats on eleven behind you!
Congrats to your friend as well :0)
Congrats on number 11!
Congrats on eleven. I feel ya on the constant emotional shifts.
I'm right there with you, friend. Eleven months - who knew that we'd be where we are now 11 months ago?
I'm with Connie... congrats to 11 months down, and I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog.
And congrats to your friend as well!
I know what you mean, waiting really stinks. We don't even know how much longer we will have to wait and that is really frustrating. The good news is that at least 11 months have passed. Let's hope not too many more to go.
Hugs,
Jonni
Happy 11
here's hoping for not many more...
Congrats on having 11 months behind you!
We are over half way there. :) (power of positive thinking!) :)
Happy 11!!!
Find a HAPPY way to celebrate 1 year. Something fun, something big...something you really WANT to do. I put the crib together for my 1 yr LID-versary. Even though this wait is stretching on interminably (sp?)- we are...at least slowly...getting there.
Hello,
I'm waiting and keeping the faith with you...
Post a Comment