Tonight, if it weren't for multi-tasking the evening would have been a waste. However, I was able to finally address envelopes to send 100 good wish requests out to non-cyber friends and family.
And, then I did a little knitting on a fair isle hat I started in 2004. ...here's the hat. I started this in 2004 whan the pattern came out and then set it aside. After finishing Sheldon, I was ready to start Norberta (see prev post), but decided I have too many unfinished objects (UFO). So now my idea is to finish a UFO before I can start a new project... So, Fair Isle sampler hat then Norberta, then 2nd sock, then ?
Here's my progress....
This is what it "should" eventually look like.
My picture is a little dark, but the colors are really fun. this is my first 2-color stranded work so I'm learning a few things. Like "throwing" yarn. I learned to knit continental - or holding the yarn in the left hand. When using 2 colors, you hold yarn in both hands, you"pick" up the yarn held in the left and "throw" the yarn held in the right.
Also, with all the color changes, I've learned to "spit-join" the ends. It indeed involves spit and with all the different colors, my DNA is spread throughout the hat. It's quite a process, but saves the HUGE headache it would be to sew in all the ends .
I'll let you know when it's done.
2 comments:
Lookin' forward to seeing the finished project.
Hmmm... just when I finally turn on the TV, everyone runs away from AI. I have to say it isn't so impressive but I have always been a multitasker anyway. I would go bonzo if I had to actually just sit and watch a TV. I'll get a lot done whiloe it is on ;0)
Wow, Barb - that is impressive!!! You are so brave to take on such a complicated project! Great idea, though, to finish a UFO before starting anew. I'm working on that - but it is more than yarn projects for me, unfortunately. I bore easily.
Post a Comment