Monday, March 12, 2007

Meet Sheldon





I saw Sheldon on Knitty and fell in love. I started making him on my flight to Hawaii and because he's a quick knit, had him almost completed by the time I returned. The knitting indeed was quick, however, he's a little fiddly to put together, and given my sewing skills are lacking...well, it took a while. but, here he is!

Apparently green turtles are quite popular in Hawaii and they were the subject of many children's books... This one's a cutie with great pictures.
next... Norberta!

5 comments:

walternatives said...

Very cute. That looks like A Lot of work - I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Ah, he's soooo cute!
Stephanie
www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

C's Mom said...

That is so stinkin' cute!

wzgirl said...

I LOVE the pic of the wee turtle pre-shell attachment. He looks so naked and wee. So cute!! I'll have to look up the recipe on Knitty! How cute!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the finished product. Every time I see that turtle I will be reminded of our trip. In my mind I was a damn fine Mai Tai researcher. Thanks for the wonderful trip!!
Sis