Someone from the ALT group posted the link to
My husband cooks. After being housebound from the blizzard wanting so badly to bake cookies, but having no supplies..then viewing My husband cooks... On my first outing I headed straight for the market to get eggs, flour, cocoa... all the fixins for some yummy Chiristmas cookies. I was able to shovel my way out of my garage, and once off the sidestreets and onto the mainstreets, the roads were ok. The grocery store however, was bare. I was able to get all that I needed, but if you were there for fresh produce - outa luck! The trucks were having trouble delivering shipments after the blizzard - I think a lot of people were having to improvise for their holiday meals.
But, for cookies, all OK! Sat night I spent in front of the stove making all the Christmas cookies that My husband cooks made. Look at their blog for the recipes and much better photos....


The toffee has a great flavor, but I wasn't able to get the "crunch" - I don't think I cooked it long enough...next time.


These chocolate cookies are devine! The texture light and crisp, the chocolate flavor... heaven. Try them.
I also made the chocolate shortbread and the creme anglaise clouds (substituted sour cream for creme anglaise). They're all so good and I was able to give some away to my friends.
1 comment:
My wife and I are thrilled that you enjoyed and made these cookies! We agree that your chocolate cookies look a million times better than ours. I hope you had a good time and are out from under the snow. Thanks for reading our blog!
Post a Comment