Saturday was cookie baking day.
Then Sunday - Christmas eve - I was busy around the house until late afternoon when I went to Christmas eve service. Funny, it started snowing - AGAIN - just before I left home. Now as I said on the last post, DOT has been able to clear the mainstreets quite well, however the side streets are a nightmare with 8-12 inch ruts that you'll crash through or that act like rails taking you careening thru the streets - parking even worse. After finally finding a lot to park in and hoping they'd be gracious and not ticket me while attending Christmas Eve service - I parked and nearly broke my neck getting to church. But, I arrived, got some cider to warm my chilled bones, and found my seat with my friends.

After the service, I went to dinner with my firends in this picture - they are my family away from family. Lala and Hgirl are the sweetest and make me excited to have my own little one some day.
After dinner I drove home and got stuck in the frozen over ice rink that used to by the alley behind my house. It was 9pm, so I figured noone will be traveling the alley on Christmas eve, so I left the car until a kind stranger in a beat up Jeep Cherokee with only 3 tires - the 4th being one of the spare donut thingys- pulled me out today. (The roo hung it's head in shame for being bested by a 3 wheeled Cherokee.)
This moring woke bright and early and headed for Copp*r Mtn resort for a little skiing. It was a beautiful day with good snow, short lift lines and happy people everywhere. Kittbo drove up - thank you very very much, and we had a great day of it.



Happy Holidays everyone.
Peace to you and yours.
6 comments:
As much as I know you would have loved to be with your family -- it seems as though the blizzard steered you in a direction that was fun, loving and safe. Sometimes I just love it when my plans get cancelled -- it just lends itself to all kinds of opportunities when that happens!
Happy Holidays, Barb! XO
Barb, Hope you guys had a great time skiing. Sorry you could not make it home, but like "W" said, sometimes it can lead to other fun things. Just think we are almost in 2007! YAY! :)
Hugs,
Jonni
Ah big sky Colorado. My hubby is a DU alum and my sons convinced me Monday that we should all do a visit to his old stomping grounds. The visit would also coincidentially coincide (is that redundant?) with the 76ers vs. Nuggets game, hmmmm. I wonder if I'm being played here??
Hope your week continues to be happy!
Sorry you couldn't get home, but looks like you had a great time! I miss Colorado's mountains so much! Thanks for the pics.
WOW love those photos. I am here in NJ and it has been unseasonably warm so far - no snow yet! Can't believe how the rest of the country has been snowed in recently. Glad to see that you had a very merry christmas.
- Stephanie
www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com
Didn't think I would enjoy Christmas without you here. But, I got in the spirit of things--forced myself-- and I did enjoy it. Thank God for phones. We can gab & gab & gab....Now we have our birthdays to look forward to!
Post a Comment