
The Nightmare Next Door
.
Ok, my neighborhood is a "transitional" neighborhood, if you will. My house is cute and fun, but happens to be placed next door to this.... I think the guy fancies himself a set designer, because each halloween he drags out these tired decorations. That would be one thing, if they were halloween and then gone... but no there's more. After halloween, he slowly begins the transition to Christmas. The coffin becomes Santa's sleigh - What had once been a creature thingy, now wears the jolly man's outfit, without the heft - it's creepy to see skinny skeletal fingers poking out of HoHo's suit - I think it knows I don't like it and watches me... The cauldron becomes the christmas tree stand and the headstones suddenly don stockings and wreaths....
It's a fright I tell you, and the neighbor seems to think "his public" would really be disapointed if he didn't do it. I try to reassure him that it would be ok, but to no avail, this horrid display shows up each year early October, and if I'm lucky, it comes down mid February.
This alone is enough to make me a scrooge.
3 comments:
Wow...uh...sorry!
That's quite 'creative'?
Wow, that is truly frightening.
Well, that's umm..... very unique.
Post a Comment