Thirteen Things that made me smile today
1.  My mom...I think of her a lot - sometimes cry, sometimes smile. She was amazing and I miss her! I think "Grandma" was her favorite role ever - I know she'd be happy to be getting another grandchild, I just wish she could have met her.
2. Dad, I miss you too but couldn't find a photo to post. I can still hear your laugh and the distinct slurpy-way you had of drinking a hot cup of coffee.
3. Greece - I had a great time. More to come on that one....
4. The pattern for the quilt my SIL is going to make Moonbeam once I gather all the fabric. Isn't it beautiful!
5. Leo loves the snow. We had plenty this morning.
6. Lannie... she's saying "What, me in the snow? I don't think so..."
7. This actually made me frown...and yell. He's pouting right now 'cause he's in trouble. He just ate my turkey burger!
8. A beautiful blanket Moonbeam received in a cybershower. This was missed on my thank you post earlier.. will write more later.
9. The book that inspired Moonbeam's nickname. More to come on this as well. Perhaps I sould title this post "More to come"
10. A little watercolor I picked up in Greece.
11. I'm missing my loved ones today I guess. Here's a picture of my Grandma at 92. She was a character and I miss her too. She lived in NC, I lived there a while in my 20's. Many Sundays I'd go to her house, sit at the kitchen table drinking sweet tea and eating pie watching the birds in the feeder right outside the window. We'd usually work a jigsaw puzzle and as I was leaving, she'd say "Let's go cut you a pot-of-flowers". I'd have a bouquet of whatever happened to be blooming.
12.The smell of clean laundry.
13. The end of the day, when you've done all you're going to do except crawl into bed.
Good night and Happy Thursday.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
|
5 comments:
Beautiful tribute to your loved ones. I understand missing your mom and grandmothers. I lost my mom to breast cancer this past February.
Congratulations on the adoption of your daughter.
Ok, Barb. FIRST of all - YAYYYyyyy!! You're back. I've missed you. I can not wait to see the Greece photos!
Other things - LOVE the scarf that you're working on AND the one that you received via the swap. Just beautiful! Wow.
AND, the quilt pattern. OMGod! That is GORGEOUS. And, your SIL is making it for you? She must love you so dearly. That is going to be a HUGE project. Lucky, lucky Moonbeam...she's getting a stupendous Auntie that will prob. sew her alllkinds of gorgeous things!
So glad to see you. XOXOXOXOXO, WendyZ
Barb,
I really liked your post. Thanks for sharing. :)
I'm going to try to remember to post thirteen tomorrow! Glad you had a good time in Greece.
Hello, I'm another ISE3 member and I found your blog after your partner posted about the beautiful scarf you sent to her. It's gorgeous.
While reading your blog, I saw your pics of your Poodle and that you're waiting for your little one to come home from China and I just had to contact you. We, too, have a Standard Poodle whom we all adore and we've also adopted internationally. Just too many coincidences for me not to write to you. We're both knitters, poodle lovers, and adoptive (or soon to be) mothers. I'd love to visit more if you wish. My email is knittymommy@gmail.com
Kellyn
Post a Comment