Thursday, October 26, 2006

So much to say...

It's been a long time my friends, and as you can imagine... much has been going on.
First, I must say many thanks to the recent gifts. Here's a shot of the bibs I received in the Sept and Oct CCAI yahoo group bib exchange.


Next, are photos of a workbook that was given to me. It's entitled "Chinese for Children". There's an incredibly sweet woman whom I work with on occasion who went to China this fall. Her name is Nancy. Nancy has a daughter (one of five!) who lives in China and she went to visit. While there, she saw this workbook and thought of me. That was the sweetest thing ever. I had asked her to smuggle back a little girl for me - the wait is awful - I guess I'll have to make do with the language workbook. Actually, I was very moved and surprised that she thought of me on her vacation - what a kind woman.









I'm also participating in an International Scarf Exchange and received the most gorgeous scarf ever. It's in an incredible purple/blue colorway in double stranded Cascade 220. It has a yummy feel around the neck and best of all., Deborah, the fantastic creator, included a mini version for Moonbeam. I love the cable pattern and the little details (the poodles and my initials). It was packaged very prettily too - I'm gonna have to regift in that box! I opened the lovely box and it smelled like a dream. There was a cute little seashell sitting on top of the wrapping and a sweet-smelling bar of soap included. All in all, I love this scarf and everything with it. Thanks Deborah!







Unfortunately, I'm still working on the scarf I'm making for my recipient. The deadline is Nov, but I'm not sure that I'll make it. This pattern isn't one I can do while watching a movie or in social situations. You have to count and keep track of where you are. Unlike many of the female gender - I'm not the best multi-tasker...



More to come soon - with much about my fabo trip to Greece!

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Seems you've been gone foevah! Glad to have ya back. Nice goodies. I LOVE the scarves. The 'Me' and 'mini-me' version :0)