Monday, September 04, 2006

Weekend Warriors

Well, I guess I'm destined to be a sporadic blogger - that's ok, I'll get a system soon.
I just had a great weekend. My sis (who'll be traveling to China with me) and BIL just came out for the weekend. It was such fun, but unfortnately, no pics - my camera went on the fritz. Too bad, 'cause I missed the before and after shots of the weekend warrior projects, and the incredible scenery of Rocky Mountain National Park.
I'm not that bothered by the nonfunctioning camera - I was wanting to update, but couldn't justify spending the money when I had a perfectly good camera already - now I can. -It may just need a new battery, but I'm not checkin'! So, any suggestions on good ones? Any favorites? I'd like an easy-to-carry one with ability to do video with audio (my old one had two-minute video sans audio). The old one also only has 3.2 megapixel which I know I can do better.
I'm preparing for my trip to Greece in a few weeks. I'm so excited! I'm traveling with two girl pals. One will be turning 40 on the evening of the moon festival - Oct 6. I'll be in Athens celebrating my friend's long life and toasting my loved ones far away. Unless there's a chinatown in Athens I won't be eating mooncakes, but maybe a phylo dough moon-shaped goodie as a close representation. We're visiting the islands of Naxos and Santorini. I am so ready for this - can't wait.
So, back to the weekend with my sis. I have this old house (which I love) that was born in 1909. She has character that you can't find in new homes and problems that go with it. I've been a busy girly the last few weeks trying to deal with a flooded basement from rain pouring in a basement window. Unfortunately the window was closed - it was leaking around the seal. Handyman BIL to the rescue. He not only cleaned the mega tons of toxic crap that had begun to fester and clog my gutters causing the tsunami to fill my basement, but he put screens on them so that nasty stuff will never reaccumulate, made a new window sill/rain blockade out of concrete, trimmed the trees around the house, and fixed various other delapidated and ailing areas as he saw fit. It was awesome. While we had Tony busy on the outside, Donna (my sis) and my neighbor Jennifer helped me paint my bedroom. It's now changed from the boring stark white to a lovely shade of Barley (#199 Benjamin Moore) that looks fabo with my new rug. Now I can find bedding at my leisure.

Leisure...Ahhh I can't wait. I'm ready to relax here and here

2 comments:

wzgirl said...

Ah! I guess that Moonbeam is finally going to get her rug back! What a lucky girl you are to have such a helpful sister and BIL - very lucky. Triple lucky considering this amazing upcoming trip to GREECE! I can not wait to see the pics from that trip!!! WooHoo!

Anonymous said...

Chano esy.... miss you (in Greek)! See you in Athens girlfriend!