Sunday, June 25, 2006

Reason #1 for my little girl's nickname "Moonbeam"

I’ve always found it comforting that the night sky is a constant. No matter what (depending on it’s phase, of course) the moon will rise. And, no matter where you are, you can see it. It’s comforting to me that I can be in Colorado and viewing the same moon as my family in Missouri. It makes the world seem a little smaller, loved ones closer. I think of this often at night while dreaming of my girl. I found this poem by Tom Fisher that shares my thoughts.

A Moonbeam
Take a glimpse into the sky
And if a moonbeam hits your eye
Follow it back to whence it came
And dream of a child who'll bear your name.

A little one may look right back
And follow a beam along it's track
And see a mother awaiting the day
In who’s arms forever to stay.

Tom Fisher

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem, and such an awesome meaning behind the nickname!

- Melissa/May DTC Group

fish48223 said...

I glad you liked the poem. Good luck on your journey.

Tom Fisher
tafisher@sbcglobal.net