The yahoo groups were great, excellent as a matter of fact, at exchanging squares. Has anyone else found it a challenge to get them from the people who are in your life - in real life? I think I've received about 5 or 6 from the 50ish letters that were sent. I'll send another one soon, to give them a little encouragement.
I was home earlier in June and gave the fabric pieces that I have so far to my SIL, the amazing Tracy, who has graciously agreed to make the quilt top for me. Here is a picture of the patten she thinks would work well with the many different types of fabric - frankly, I'm a little blown away because it looks terribly complicated. (Click on the picture to see it a little better) What do you guys think?
Here is a photo of a sample block that she made getting used to the technique. she's really amazing! Moonbeam and I will be so lucky to have this beautiful quilt!
13 comments:
My opinion? That quilt pattern blows my socks off! And Tracy? She's a rock star SIL goddess! Wow. Big ol' wow. It's gorgeous and intimidates the hell out of me.
Wow. I am certain that your sister in law loves you to pieces.
Holy Cow - That's amazing! Can I send mine to her too? = )
Wow! That is an amazing quilt. It will be spectacular. Your SIL is very talented.
I also had a problem getting squares from family and friends. The few I did get are the most special to me I think.
Wow! Absolutely beautiful!
I'm sew challenged, it all looks greek to me!
I consider quilts true works of art!
Okay, that is one complicated quilt. It is paper pieced. She is one brave woman. But that is a cool quilt.
She did say something about using paper to get the points pointy. I know nothing about quilting other than this one is beautiful and looks very very complicated. she says it's not too bad, but mind you she's quite talented.
She is a good woman and I love her equally in return - I just can't make a heirloom quilt for her. My bro did well the second time around.
Wow, that's gorgeous!
WOW! That quilt blew my socks off. Your SIL rocks! I know the quilt's going to look awesome.
Hugs,
Jonni
Ditto on the family sending quilt squares.
Hugs,
Jonni
That is beautiful!!! Moonbeam is very lucky to have a great auntie!!
WOW, that is the nicest 100 wishes quilt design I have ever seen..wow.
Yes, like you it has been 'interesting' getting fabric from those closest to us, it took lots of emails after the initial letter went out. Even still, we don't have wishes from a good portion of my husbands family, and the wishes from his parents are scruffy and written out like rough notes on scrap paper...not exactly what i wanted for our girls...I don;t know if they just DONT getit, or if they dont really care??? They are smart, educated and seemingly loving people so why dont they take 10 minutes to do a nice job?
My DH says they just dont get how important this is to us.
I tried to explain in an email to his Mom that it will be an 'heirloom of love' and the wishes will be something she finds strength and comfort in...and yet we got a scrappy piece of paper with a 'so so' wish...terribly disappointing.
Best wishes and success in your quilt.
If you'd like a square just email me thehappyhoppes@yahoo.com I'd love to send one.
Hayley
Post a Comment