This week (due to my expanding waistline and gloomy mood) I decided not to indulge my sweet tooth, but instead to make my standard breakfast. It’s easy, takes two minutes to heat up, and sticks with me easily until lunch.
Here it is:
MorningStar Farms sausage, egg whites, spinach and 2% cheese.
Throw together in a 9x13 pan, bake until browned (about 40 min).
I cut it into 8 sections and have one section each day with a piece of toast for the next 8 days (they freeze well)
Mother's day is not my gig. It still makes me very sad and is a day I spend missing my mom. This year I tried to stay busy and weeded my flower beds. There is a nasty flora predator that grows thick in my yard that goes by the name of bindweed. Is anyone familiar? I hate the stuff, it's too deep to get all the roots without damaging my plants so I pull up as much of the roots as I can - which the master gardeners tell me that I'm just giving it a good pruning. anyway, it was a good way to spend mother's day this year, weeding... pulling out the crap and throwing it away. I know there's a metaphor for my life in this and a lesson to be learned. Since I'm not an eloquent writer, I'll leave it to you to put in your own words. We all have weeds...right?
12 comments:
Yum! That looks really good!
Yes, we do all have our weeds. Sometimes they really stink!
Have a good week.
Well said. Pulling out the crap & throwing it away. Wise. Happy Mother-in-the-making day. XO
very well said, sounds like a writer to me.
I never thought to cook with the MS sausage. hmmmm
will give it a go.
I also never would have thought to put the MS sausage in a dish like that. I definitely need some help with my waistline, so thanks for the tip!
That looks like a fine breakfast/brunch. Do you have to cook the sausage before throwing it together with everything else?
And I agree with wzgirl - pull up all the crap that you can and through it away. You're right, we've all got our weeds.
Hopefully when you get baby, Mother's Day can start being a happy one again. Sorry for your loss. I couldn't believe that you included Morningstar Breakfast Patties in your post. Those are one of my very favorite foods! I eat them on toast every day. YUM. I always try to spread the word to people about them. I am not a healthy food person by any means, I just love the taste of them. Thanks for the new way of incorporating them.
Hugs,
Jonni
www.journeytosofia.com
That looks great! I can never quite manage breakfast. But this would make good brunch.
That looks yummy...and you can freeze it, even better!! I am going to give it a shot! Thanks!
Sounds yummy, I am going to try this out this weekend.
The muffins look even better, but not for my waistlline.
I got weeds, a whole lotta weeds.
That is yummy!
Keep smilin!
Barb,
I am missing your Sunday bakes. Are you going to do one tomorrow? Take care. :)
Hugs,
Jonni
Post a Comment