
Back to the run... It was really cool because it was about adoption in general, not simply Chinese adoption. There were adoptive familes with children from Ethiopia, Korea, Domestic, Russia.... there were also people who simply think adoption is a cool idea and support adoptive parents - thanks Jules
The winner of the run did it in 18 minutes - kinda funny - he had a car ahead of him clearing us slow folks out of his way so he could get through. He then came running back through the crowd cheering us on, yelling "you're almost there! come on! You can do it!!!" We were pretty sure we could make all of 3.2 miles, but his encouragement spurred us on :)
After the run, two other single adopty moms and I went to brunch - it's really nice getting to know others in the same boat as me - determined to have a full life as we wait for these little pumpkins.
Later I went out to Jules (linked above)house. She and her husband Keith are building the coolest house ever. It's very ecologically friendly, with passive solar heat some special roofing material that has an R value of 42 - verses 4 on any normal roof (has something to do with insulation capabilites). My vocabulary as well as my knowledge of home building (trust me, I know nothing of this, so I learn something each time I go) is expanding greatly each time I go out there gulams, casons, steel pans, earthen plaster, straw bale construction...who knew? This place is gonna rock.
They have it framed now, I went up onto the main floor and their view is amazing! They look for miles out onto table mesa in Golden and Green mountain, and a sea of city lights beyond... It's an amazing project and I'm very proud of my friends for being so environmentlly conscious and kind to our earth.
2 comments:
Hi Barb!! Love the sneaks! My dog Molly keeps me exercising, she insists on 3 miles a day;-)! I am thankful she keeps me going! I can't wait to see pics from Greece. I sooo, want to go there! Hopefully one day, maybe on a honeymoon!
Yeah, Barb!! Where are the Greece Photos???????
Post a Comment