Friday, July 10, 2009

Learning new tricks

I’ve taken on a little project of late – one of many actually, but this one is enjoyable ☺
I’ve started a free class with Jessica Sprague who is an amazing digital scrapbooker and as it turns out an amazing teacher as well. The class is called Photo Editing: Frame-Ups & Special Effects.
See, one of my goals during “the wait” is to learn to edit my photos by using my new Photoshop Elements 6– I came across this free class while perusing the web looking for some free tutorials on editing. If you know of other great resources, please let me know.

Here are examples from the first three lessons.



Lesson 1 taught us to use PNG files and word art




Lesson 2 – Brushes! Who knew?


This is sweet amazing Sophie who passed away last week after a long and happy life- she will be missed!


Lesson 3 – frames and hand-tint. Put 2 & 3 together and amazing things happen.




Now I need to get to work... She just sent day 6 lesson and I've only completed 3! Good thing I can work at my own pace.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey you....somehow your blog update went under my radar! I love the pictures. Isn't it fun? I'm am so sorry to hear about Sophie I know you and your dogs will miss having her for sleepovers :) That picture of her is so amazing!
Love you,
Stephanie

HuluMama said...

Pics are great Beeb! Sorry about Sophie.

rubyiscoming said...

Very cool - these look great. So sorry to hear about Sophie :(

Hugs