It's been a weird month with tons of rain which is quite unusual.
Unfortunately, my basement flooded with the monsoons over Memorial Day weekend and I'm still trying to clean up the mess (yes, THAT basement - the one I just finished and carpeted one year ago uggh!)
I panicked and called a basement restoration company - big $$$ mistake. I'd do things very differently next time - I spent $$$ and they didn't fix anything - only brought a plastic guard, fans, and dehumidifier. turns out I could have rented them myself much cheaper.
I guess they did remove the moldy baseboards and rip out the carpet pad, but I could have done that, too.
Here's the culprit - my rigged downspout full of leaves.
Here's what I'm currently left with. The mending process should begin in July. Hopefully all the rain will slow down, too.
To prevent this in the future, I now have a lovely French drain taking the water far, far away.
And a lovely mint patch - mojitos anyone? I think I could use one.
2 comments:
What time are drinks being served?????
Aggh!~ Not your beautiful basement! Good that you now have a french drain. Love the mint-nice and contained.
Post a Comment