
It's a problem....
So, lately I've taken action...
I bit the bullet and joined WW.
Unfortunately, this is in direct conflict with my beloved baking and with TWD...
I know some people are able to bake amazing desserts by Dorie and maintain their trim figure - including Dorie herself. she's a little sprite of a thing - However I'm not one of those people. I sample, taste and then sit and enjoy. It adds up.
So, I will have to give that up. I will still check in with them 'cause those people know how to bake. And, they know how to take amazing photos of their goods.
Oh, and I met the amazing Kim from Ruby is Coming. She and her hubs recently moved here. She's a kindred spirit. It just so happens we've both signed up for a sprint triathlon and have started running using the Couch to 5K program. I hope to see her much more, I need that positive energy! She's a dynamo!
And while I'm random, I have a little more 2 yr LID anniversary business....
Ms J9 sent Ting Ting* some adorable hair clips as a memento - so sweet. I really have the best friends - amazing.
And on that day (5/16) I received my updated I-171H (important, time-consuming, and expensive paperwork required for bringing my daughter home). The thing is, I did all the paperwork and updated homestudy last fall because my original one expired in Oct. (because of the extended wait times, the US govt. graciously allowed one free extension if you applied before your old paperwork expired). I was expecting to have concurrent paperwork and for this new attempt to expire 4/09. However, my paperwork must have gotten lost in a stack and recently resurfaced because my new date on the I-171H is 5/13/08 - meaning... it doesn't expire until 11/13/09. I have 18 months to get Ting Ting onto American soil before I have to do that again ($$$)!! That was a great LID gift! Surely, she'll be home in 18 months...
And, lastly, on that day I was standing in my basement with my contractor who said "What's that" as he swatted at something on his arm. ...then, "oh, sorry ladybug" as a mangled little ball of red and black fell to the concrete floor. Hmmm good or bad?
Have a great Memorial Day
and here's to seeing less of me!
*some dear friends have recently been referring to my daughter as Ting Ting..and while hesitant at first, I've given in and now think it rather cute.
9 comments:
Great news on the I171h. If you'd been in NC you would have received the original exp date.
I think my butt could have been used for that poster! Back to exercising and eating right for me too!
Ting-Ting? Guess it has a wee Ring-Ring. xo, you.
I love Ting-Ting. Great news on the delayed I171, it's nice when small little things like that happen.
Good for you - I'm just getting my tuckus back in motion too.
Ting a ling a ring ding ;0)
Good deal with the 171-H! We managed to miss the "free extension" somehow. Oh, well...
And I think "Ting-Ting" is pretty. We used "mei-mei" as a generic placeholder daughter name, and Ting-Ting sound to me with the same sort of Chinese baby mojo.
I'm so impressed you guys are doing the triathlon. I'm overawed by triathlons.
But I'd love to run with you guys sometime if you'd let me! I'm always up for a run.
Dude, I'm screwed on the triathlon. My training has been basically nil.
I'm ready for a cocktail!
A-ha - I found your blog!
I am so glad that we got to meet you at Kim's! I just wanted to tell you how lucky she is to have found you in Colorado :)
Lana and I had a wonderful time and we can't wait to see you again.
Many hugs,
Gen
Dude, I can't believe how incredibly scary my photos are at the triathlon! EEK!!!
BUt - we DID IT! :)
Time to break open the champagne you brought us for dinner - lemme know when you can get together (are your Cambodia trip friends still here?)
xo
Kim
Post a Comment