Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sunday insomnia

So what does one do when struck with insomnia? I woke Sunday morning at 3am worrying about the weeds in my backyard... really what are you going to do about weeds at 3am? So after dozing in and out and tossing and turning for another 1 1/2 hours, I decided to throw in the towel and start my day - at 4:30 am!
After a nice breakfast and warm cup of coffee (my favorite part of morning), I packed up the poodles and headed to the dog park. We were there before 7 am. The light and shadows were pretty fun and not too many people were there yet.
Oh, the expectant faces...



Lannie likes to wear her shorts to the park.


It's really hard to keep all 4 paws on the ground.


A drink and a shake.


Zippy the pinhead and his pooch.

"How you doin'?"

Sophie is just not ready to go - it took a little coaxing to get her back in the car - see if you can find her in this photo...

4 comments:

C's Mom said...

What a great way to make use of that insomnia!

Kitt said...

Oh! You went to the park! Yay!

walternatives said...

Insomnia was a pay-off for the pooches, wasn't it? Looks like they're at Dog Disney, having a blast. And yes, I can see Sophie, peeking around the corner, hoping you won't make her get in the car.
Fun photos.

Maia said...

Wonderful pictures of your dogs...I'm such a sucker for pooches!