Monday, March 03, 2008

Home again, home again

I know many of you have done this return flight from Asia, but I'm here to say it's much worse than going over. Strange, but going from LA to Taipei was a 14 hr flight, Taipei to San Francisco only 10, but because of the time change I didn't want to sleep too much in order to reacclimate and it seemed much longer because of it.
Regardless, we all made it home safely and in relatively good health. I got to my home at 11pm sat night took an ambien and was in bed by 11:30. Sunday is a blur - I wasn't able to stay awake. That is, until the remodelers arrived at 2 pm to begin their jackhammers (until 8pm). Apparently he got pneumonia while I was gone and was able to complete very little so they tried to make up for lost time on Sunday. Just as well, I was a waste of skin and just layed around when I wasn't sleeping.
Since arriving, Leo and Lannie haven't been out of my sight. I missed them a lot and it's great to be able to snuggle their smelly mugs again. Apparently Leo had a little, but costly mishap while I was gone and ate a pound or so of unrisien bread dough causing him a trip to the emergency room. They made him vomit and then not being sure it all came out wanted him to stay the night then the next day at our regular vet. Sad to say he was recognized and known at the emergency room - and I wonder where all my money goes!
I'm happy to say that all is well now and he's as feisty and enthusiastic as always.
I know you all want to hear more about Cambodia and that will happen, it's just when you're so far behind, you have to start somewhere so why not at the end!



Here's the progress on the basement so far. The light in the background is from the new egress window that they were able to complete while I was gone. adn the wood studs in the foreground are supporting where about 1/3 of the concrete wall is down - that's what they've been hammering away at since yesterday afternoon.

5 comments:

HuluMama said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to read more of your adventure. Jet lag is a pain in the butt! If it's sunny, get outside as much as possible.

Glad the dough eater is doing well! :-)

Kitt said...

Aha! So they hadn't done all that much down there when I saw it.

walternatives said...

Leo, Leo, Leo...bad timing, but I'm glad it wasn't more serious. I'm happy that you're back and I'm terrifcally proud of the work that you did in Cambodia. I'm proud to know you, Beeb. xoxo

FDChief said...

So glad you're home safe, and the great work you did in Kampuchea (do they still call it that?)...

And I feel your pain about the basement!

JMCS said...

Welcome home. Your pictures are amazing. I am glad your trip went well and you made it home safely. We are thinking about doing some work in the basement too.

Hugs,
Jonni