Friday, November 16, 2007

another one...


Today is another LIDversary ... 18 months. Jeez, that's a long time and possibly at least that long ahead of me (please.. Mary, mother of God, let that be wrong!)
I try to not think about it, but truth be told, I think about being a mother, whether my daughter's born, why I chose to start this process just as things came to a screeching halt.. everyday. I think about it all everyday. And, because of my big mouth and the nature of my job (each month I rotate between 3 different sites) I get asked about my adoption everyday - not kidding, every single day. I truly wish I hadn't been so excited about it in the beginning and would have kept my big mouth shut, then at least the (well-meaning, I realize) yay-hoos wouldn't ask me every.single.day. how it's going. The only days I'm not asked, are on my days off. Today I had a dentist appointment...you guessed it, the receptionist, dental hygienist, and dentist all asked...I do have a big mouth! Ah, well, I guess they care.... No wonder I hole-up with the poodles so much...they don't ask! As far as they're concerned, everything is perfect...except I keep the chicken jerky out of their reach, and I make them walk around the neighborhood on a leash... other than that, things are perfect.

Speaking of the poodles...
Here are the latest from the dog park.. we were there last weekend, it was a beautiful day. they always have such fun there - they get to just be dogs and run and sniff and swim and chase sticks... we went in the early afternoon, but the light was strange, the sun is so low so early and it sits so far to the south that the shadows are long - getting photos is an interesting challenge. Here's a few...

BTW - they were groomed today. Now they are sweet-smellin' soft, and fluffy - not so scruffy poodles. pics of the new doos soon...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have a big mouth, you were excited. I was so excited
18+ months ago that I told everyone too (including the dentist). Now I also pay the price of having to face the questions every day. It is so painful. So.....just wanted to say that I am right here with you!! Hopefully, we are finally beyond the half way point.

wzgirl said...

I think that you've got the luckiest poodles in all the land. They look so happy! Nobody asks me much anymore - not sure which is worse...?

Red Sand said...

Happy 18!! Our dog parks don't seem to have beaches, although we have enough of those to go around outside of the parks...

walternatives said...

Congratulations on another month past, sweet Beeb! p.s. I'll be writing to you soon re: my visit....